Sweepstakes Rules, Terms and Conditions
"Back to School Savings Goal" Sweepstakes Official Rules Dates: September 1, 2020 –September 30, 2020 NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR: Greenlight Financial Technology, Inc., a Delaware corporation, will serve as the sponsor (“Sponsor”) and the administrator of the Greenlight “Back to School Savings Goal” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and all United States territories and possessions) and who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. You need not be present to win. Employees (and their immediate families or those living in the same household) of Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parent and related companies, suppliers, printers and advertising, promotional and judging agencies are not eligible to enter or win. Individuals who appear on the U.S. Government Department of Treasury’s Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List are also not eligible to enter or win. An “Entrant” is an eligible person who (i) submits an entry in accordance with these Official Rules and (ii) is a Primary Accountholder (if entering the Sweepstakes by the Back to School Savings Goal Entry Method) or is an eligible person pursuant to this Section 2 (if entering the Sweepstakes by the Mail-In Entry Method).
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins 12:01 a.m., E.T. on September 1, 2020, and ends on 11:59 p.m., E.T. September 30, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter this Sweepstakes only via the entry methods described below. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m., E.T., on the last day of the Sweepstakes Period (September 30, 2020), regardless of the method of entry. Proof of depositing entry in mail is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Illegible, incomplete and duplicate entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted from post office boxes. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor for any inability of a potential entrant to successfully enter the Sweepstakes for any reason.
a. BACK TO SCHOOL SAVINGS GOAL ENTRY METHOD: During the Sweepstakes Period, the transfer by a Primary Accountholder or an affiliated Cardholder (as defined below) of at least one dollar ($1) to a newly created or an existing “Savings Goal” (each, a “Savings Goal Increase”) within the Greenlight mobile application will automatically enter the Primary Accountholder (not the affiliated Cardholder) into the Sweepstakes and will constitute one entry for the Primary Accountholder. As used herein, the “Primary Accountholder” is the individual, at least 18 years of age, who opens and is responsible for the primary Greenlight account (the “Primary Account”). The Primary Accountholder has the ability to request the issuance of up to five Greenlight Prepaid Mastercard cards (“Greenlight Cards”) for the Primary Accountholder’s children or dependents, each of which will be considered a sub-account of the Primary Account, and each child or dependent will be considered an authorized user of the Primary Account (each, a “Cardholder”). This structure of the Greenlight program allows the Primary Accountholder to identify, monitor and approve Greenlight Card transactions by each individual Cardholder.
To open a Greenlight account and receive a Greenlight Card, please visit https://www.greenlight.com/ and complete the enrollment process. Any Back to School Savings Goal entry will be presumed to have been made by the Primary Accountholder with whom the Greenlight Card is associated – a decision that the Sponsor will make in its sole discretion – and no other individual (including Cardholders) will have any right or claim to that Back to School Savings Goal entry.
Each Cardholder associated with a Primary Accountholder may contribute only one entry to the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of the number of Savings Goal Increases which occur during such period. However, each Primary Accountholder can only submit up to a maximum of five (5) entries via this Back To School Savings Goal Entry Method during the Sweepstakes Period because each Primary Account can only have up to a maximum of five (5) Cardholders associated with the Primary Account. All Back to School Savings Goal entries must be made during the Sweepstakes Period in order to be eligible for this Sweepstakes.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Primary Accountholder shall be the Entrant (as defined herein) and any associated Cardholder who may have completed a Savings Goal Increase (i) shall not be considered an Entrant for purposes of this Sweepstakes and (ii) shall have no right to receive the Prize (defined below) or to be a part of the random drawing.
b. MAIL-IN ENTRY METHOD: Alternatively, you may enter the Sweepstakes up to a maximum of five (5) times (combined with the Back to School Savings Goal Entry Method) by hand-printing the words Greenlight "Back to School Savings Goal" Sweepstakes, your name, age, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and e-mail address (if any) on a 3” x 5” card or blank piece of paper and mailing it in an envelope to: "Back to School Savings Goal" Sweepstakes, c/o Greenlight Financial Technology, Inc., 303 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 4300, Atlanta, GA 30308.
If it is discovered that an Entrant has registered or attempted to register more than five (5) times using multiple physical addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, multiple identities, IP addresses, use of proxy servers, or any other method of unauthorized entry, all in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, all of that Entrant’s entries will be declared null and void, Entrant will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes and any Prize that Entrant might have been entitled to receive will not be awarded to him/her. Entries that are late, lost, illegible, duplicated, mechanically reproduced, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, in the sole discretion of Sponsor; or that have been submitted or generated using robotic, programmed, script, or any other automated means, or illicit means; or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in the Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, may be judged void and disqualified.
Messaging and/or data rates may apply.
Regardless of entry method, each Entrant may enter the Sweepstakes up to a maximum of five (5) times.
5. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be one (1) prize (the “Prize”) awarded to the winning Entrant selected by random drawing as described in Section 6 below (the “Winner”). The Prize will consist solely of one (1) five-hundred dollar ($500) credit to the Entrant’s Primary Account. The Prize will be awarded by the Sponsor to the Winner by crediting the Primary Account associated with the Winner for the amount of the Prize. If the potential Winner does not have a Primary Account, the Sponsor may (in its sole discretion) award the Prize by providing the potential Winner with a $500 MasterCard Gift Card.
The maximum approximate retail value (“ARV”) for the Prize is $500.
GREENLIGHT TERMS: The receipt and use of a Prize is subject to terms, conditions and policies specified by the Sponsor. The acceptance and use of each Prize is subject to the Sponsor’s Terms of Service, which may be found at https://www.greenlight.com/terms.html. Such terms and conditions may include any or all of the following, as well as others: Prize may not be redeemable for cash, or used for payment on accounts, or used for the payment of prior purchases; Prize is non-refundable; purchases and amounts spent or deducted may be non-refundable; Prize may expire on a designated date; and Prizes may be redeemable only by legal residents of the United States. The Sponsor’s Terms of Service are in addition to those terms in these Official Rules.
MASTERCARD GIFT CARDS: The Mastercard Gift Cards are subject to terms, conditions and policies specified by the gift card issuer. Such terms and conditions may include any or all of the following, as well as others: gift cards may not be redeemable for cash, or used for payment on accounts, or used for the payment of prior purchases; cards are non-refundable; purchases and amounts spent or deducted from a gift card balance may be non-refundable; gift cards may expire on a designated date; and gift cards may be redeemable only by legal residents of the United States. Use of a MasterCard Gift Card constitutes acceptance of the gift card issuer’s terms, conditions and policies, and as such, each winner of a MasterCard Gift Card should carefully read the terms, conditions and policies either enclosed in the gift card packaging materials or provided electronically in the case of any electronic gift card as well as described on the website URL listed on the back of the gift card or provided electronically in the case of any electronic gift card. Each Winner should also safeguard the MasterCard Gift Card as he/she would any other valuable item and treat it the same as cash. The MasterCard Gift Card is usable up to its balance only.
6. RANDOM DRAWING: The Winner of the Prize will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries, on or about October 2, 2020 (“Drawing Date”) by the Sponsor, whose decision is final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to contact the Winner within two (2) weeks of the Drawing Date.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning the Prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes and are equal regardless of method of entry.
8. PRIZE CONDITIONS: No substitution for any Prize will be permitted. If necessary due to unavailability of the Prize, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the discretion of the Sponsor. The Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. Each potential Winner shall have 72 hours after the applicable Prize notification to appropriately respond to the Sponsor. The Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release, within ten (10) calendar days of issuance by Sponsor. Failure to return all required documents in this time period may result in the Winner being disqualified and an alternate Winner selected. If a Prize notification is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable or if an Entrant is found to be ineligible or declines to accept the Prize for any reason, an alternate Winner will be selected. By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize, the Winner and Entrants hereby consent (except where prohibited by law) to the disclosure and reasonable use by Sponsor and Community Federal Savings Bank (“CFSB”) of the Winner’s and Entrants’ photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, hometown address, contents of the entry form and the name and age of the Winner and Entrants without any further compensation for any future promotional activity related to this Sweepstakes.
9. CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION IN SWEEPSTAKES: By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Sweepstakes or the website. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and, by entering, the Winner and each Entrant hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Fulton County, Georgia. As a condition of entering this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that: (a) under no circumstances will the Entrant be entitled or permitted to obtain awards for, and the Entrant expressly waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than actual, out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, and in no event shall attorney’s fees be recoverable by either party; and (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE RELATED TO SPONSOR OR THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties (as defined herein) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry or entries, errors in calculations, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and exclusive discretion, including without limitation, Acts of God, pandemic, epidemic, “shelter in place” and similar orders and other governmental actions. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor may decide to postpone drawing dates and other deadlines herein, or terminate the Sweepstakes early. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated early, the Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED OR OTHER WARRANTIES SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT SUCH JURISDICTIONS LAW IS APPLICABLE TO YOU AND THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
11. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, the Winner and each Entrant (and the parent or legal guardian thereof if a Winner or Entrant is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, CFSB, and each of their respective affiliated entities, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders and principals, employees, representatives, agents and franchisees (collectively, “Released Parties”), from and against any claims made by any Winner and Entrants or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes or any related activity. Winner and Entrants (and the parent or legal guardian thereof if the Winner or Entrant is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance, use or redemption of any Prize.
12. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The following are conditions to winning the Prize and additional terms and conditions binding on Entrants and the Winner:
a. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities and any applicable fees associated with accepting the Prize or participation in this Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, withhold from the amount of any Prize any and all federal, state, and local tax liabilities and any applicable fees associated with accepting a Prize or participation in this Sweepstakes.
b. If a Winner declines the Prize, or if person who is chosen in the drawing is not an eligible Entrant or has not complied with these Official Rules, such person shall be disqualified and another person will be chose in a drawing for the Prize.
c. No transfer, substitution, division or splitting of the Prize is allowed.
d. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission by an Entrant to the Sponsor, CFSB and their authorized agents to use Entrant’s and Cardholder’s names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, in perpetuity and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, unless prohibited by law.
e. Decisions of Sponsor are final with respect to determination of the Winner and all matters with respect to the conduct of the Sweepstakes.
f. By participating in this Program, Entrants and the Winner agree to be bound by the Official Rules.
Entrants may be offered the optional opportunity to receive coupons, newsletters, informational materials, marketing communications, or other special promotions, or other offers from Sponsor and/or third-party service providers. Entrants will not be contacted for marketing purposes unless they have provided their express consent.
By accepting a Prize, Winner agrees, on behalf of Winner and the Cardholder(s), to Sponsor's and CFSB’s use of his/her name(s), city/province(s) of residence, picture(s), biographical information, statements, voice and likeness in any advertising and publicity Sponsor and its respective successors, assigns and licensees may conduct relating to the Sweepstakes in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the Internet, at any time or times in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice, and hereby releases Released Parties from any liability with respect thereto. Winner may be required to sign a further release regarding the grant of these publicity rights, unless prohibited or restricted by law.
14. WINNER LIST AND OFFICIAL RULES: You may obtain copies of the Official Rules or a list of the Winner by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope that reads: Winner List – or – Official Rules, Greenlight "Back to School Savings Goal" Sweepstakes, c/o Greenlight Financial Technology, Inc., 303 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 4300, Atlanta, GA 30308; all requests must be received within six (6) months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor may also make the Official Rules available at greenlight.com/septembersweepstakes.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR WHERE BONDING, REGISTRATION, OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS WOULD BE REQUIRED BUT HAVE NOT BEEN MET.
©2020 Greenlight Financial Technology, Inc. All rights reserved.
 The Greenlight Card is issued by Community Federal Savings Bank, member FDIC, pursuant to a license by Mastercard International. For more information, please visit greenlight.com.