TikTok “Earn with Greenlight®” Contest
Official Rules | September 13, 2022 – September 23, 2022
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
SPONSOR: Greenlight Financial Technology, Inc., a Delaware corporation (“Greenlight” or Sponsor”) will serve as the sponsor of the TikTok “Earn with Greenlight” Contest (the “TikTok Contest”).
CONTEST PERIOD: Greenlight will host a TikTok Contest starting at 12:00 am ET on Tuesday, September 13, 2022 and ending at 3:00 pm ET on Friday, September 23, 2022 (the “Contest Period”).
PURPOSE: This Contest’s purpose is to solicit creative TikTok videos from TikTok users explaining “How you earn money.” (each a “Video”).
ELIGIBILITY: The TikTok Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and all United States territories and possessions), who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Children 13 years of age or older may participate in the TikTok Contest but only Entrants (as defined below) can win Prizes (as defined below). Employees (and their immediate families or those living in the same household) of Sponsor and Community Federal Savings Bank (“CFSB”) and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parents and related companies, suppliers, printers and advertising, promotional and judging agencies are not eligible to enter or win. Individuals who appear on the U.S. Government Department of Treasury’s Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List are also not eligible to enter or win.
HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, each Entrant may enter the TikTok Contest by creating a public Video and completing the following steps: (i) follow @greenlightcard on TikTok, (ii) post a public Video to Entrant’s TikTok Account (each a “TikTok Post”), (iii) tag the Sponsor (@greenlightcard) in the TikTok Post, and (iv) include #earnwithgreenlight in the Video caption.
An “Entrant” is a person who is 18 years of age or older who has entered the TikTok Contest and is in compliance with these Official Rules, or a Parent or Legal Guardian of an individual under the age of 18 who has entered the TikTok Contest, that has given express, verifiable consent to the minor’s participation in the TikTok Contest, and is in compliance with these Official Rules.
All TikTok Posts must be posted to TikTok no later than the last day of the Contest Period (September 23, 2022). No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor for any inability of a potential entrant to successfully enter the TikTok Contest for any reason. Each Entrant’s eligibility and each TikTok Post is subject to verification.
6. JUDGING CRITERIA: An Entrant earns points in the TikTok Contest by receiving “Likes” to his/her TikTok Post during the Contest Period. (“TikTok Points”). At the end of the Contest Period, Greenlight judges will calculate the total number of TikTok Points scored by each TikTok Post in the TikTok Contest during the Contest Period. Greenlight will only score points for the first three (3) TikTok Posts posted by Entrant during the Contest Period regardless of the number of TikTok posts made by an Entrant during the Contest Period. Any likes submitted after 11:59 pm ET on Friday, September 23, 2022 will not be counted toward eligible TikTok Points. The judges’ decision will be final and binding
7. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be a total of three (3) prizes (each, a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”) awarded. There will be a total of three (3) Winners (defined below) selected as described in Section 6 above. Each Prize will consist solely of one (1) one thousand dollar ($1,000) credit to the Entrant’s Primary Account (as defined below). Subject to eligibility verification, payment of a Prize will be made to a Winner’s Greenlight account, if the Winner has a Greenlight account or if the Winner does not have a Greenlight account, via Mastercard Gift Card as detailed below.
The three (3) entrants with the highest number of TikTok Points during the Contest Period will each win a Prize (each a “Winner” and collectively the “Winners”). In the event of a tie, the Entrants will split that Prize equally. For example, if two Entrants tie with the same number of points for 2nd place, each Entrant will receive $500. The amount each Winner receives is subject to the number of Winners, accounting for ties, eligible for the Prize.
The maximum approximate retail value (“ARV”) for each Prize is $1,000. The maximum ARV for all Prizes is $3,000. An Entrant may win no more than one (1) Prize.
The odds of winning will depend on the Total Points obtained by an Entrant and the number of Entrants. To open a Greenlight account and receive a Greenlight card, please visit https://www.greenlight.com/ and complete the enrollment process. As used herein, the “Primary Accountholder” is the individual, at least 18 years of age, who opens and is responsible for the primary Greenlight account (the “Primary Account”). The Primary Accountholder has the ability to request the issuance of up to five Greenlight Prepaid Mastercard cards (“Greenlight Card(s)”) for the Primary Accountholder’s children or dependents, each of which will be considered a sub-account of the Primary Account, and each child or dependent will be considered an authorized user of the Primary Account (each, a “Cardholder”). This structure of the Greenlight program allows the Primary Accountholder to identify, monitor and approve Greenlight Card transactions by each individual Cardholder. Any Prizes awarded to a Primary Accountholder will be deposited into the Winner’s Primary Account.
MASTERCARD GIFT CARDS: The Mastercard Gift Cards are subject to terms, conditions and policies specified by the gift card issuer. Such terms and conditions may include any or all of the following, as well as others: gift cards may not be redeemable for cash, or used for payment on accounts, or used for the payment of prior purchases; cards are non-refundable; purchases and amounts spent or deducted from a gift card balance may be non-refundable; gift cards may expire on a designated date; and gift cards may be redeemable only by legal residents of the United States. Use of a Mastercard Gift Card constitutes acceptance of the gift card issuer’s terms, conditions and policies, and as such, each winner of a Mastercard Gift Card should carefully read the terms, conditions and policies either enclosed in the gift card packaging materials or provided electronically (in the case of any electronic gift cards) as well as described on the website URL listed on the back of the gift card or provided electronically in the case of any electronic gift card. Each Winner should also safeguard the Mastercard Gift Card as he/she would any other valuable item and treat it the same as cash. The Mastercard Gift Card is useable up to its balance only.
(Note: *The Greenlight Card is issued by Community Federal Savings Bank, member FDIC, pursuant to a license by Mastercard International. For more information, please visit greenlight.com)
8. NOTIFICATION OF WINNER(S): Winners will be notified by social media by September 28, 2022. Sponsor’s decision will be final in all matters. No substitution for any Prize will be permitted. If necessary due to unavailability of the Prize, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the discretion of Sponsor. Each Prize is not transferable or assignable. Each potential Winner shall have three (3) days after the applicable Prize notification to appropriately respond to the Sponsor. Entrants and Winners will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release, an IRS Form W-9 (i.e., Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification), if necessary, and any other required tax documents within three (3) days of delivery of such documents to a Winner by Sponsor. Failure to return all required documents in this time period may result in the Winner being disqualified and an alternate Winner selected, or, if there are multiple Winners, your portion of the Prize will be allocated amongst the other Winners on a pro rata basis. If a Prize notification is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable or if an Entrant is found to be ineligible or a Winner declines to accept a Prize for any reason, such Prize will not be awarded by Sponsor. By entering the TikTok Contest and/or accepting the Prize, the Winner and Entrants hereby consent (except where prohibited by law) to the disclosure and reasonable use by Sponsor and CFSB of the Winner’s and Entrants’ photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, and the name and age of the Winner and Entrants without any further compensation for any future promotional activity related to this TikTok Contest.
9. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The following are conditions to winning a Prize and additional terms and conditions binding on Entrants:
a. All federal, state, local tax liabilities and any applicable fees associated with accepting a Prize or participation in this TikTok Contest are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, withhold from the amount of any Prize any and all federal, state, and local tax liabilities and any applicable fees associated with accepting a Prize or participation in this TikTok Contest.
b. No transfer, substitution, division or splitting of Prizes is allowed except in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
c. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission by an Entrant to the Sponsor, CFSB and their authorized agents to use Entrant’s names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, in perpetuity and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, unless prohibited by law.
d. Decisions of Sponsor are final with respect to all matters related to the conduct of the TikTok Contest. An Entrant may be disqualified from participating in this TikTok Contest and/or winning a Prize for cheating or other bad faith acts in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
e. By participating in this TikTok Contest, all Entrants (including Winners) agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
f. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to disqualify any TikTok Posts that it believes in good faith are generated by an automated means or scripts or that violate any of the Official Terms. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
h. THE TIKTOK CONTEST IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE TIKTOK CONTEST.
i. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from awarding Prizes or continuing with the TikTok Contest as contemplated herein due to any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, technical failure, fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God, riot or civil disturbance, pandemic, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, or any other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control, then the Sponsor shall have the sole right to modify, suspend, or terminate the TikTok Contest.
10. CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION: By entering the TikTok Contest, Entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant acting in violation of these Official Rules or found tampering with the TikTok Posts or with the operation of the TikTok Contest. As a condition of entering the TikTok Contest, each Entrant agrees that: (a) under no circumstances will the Entrant be entitled or permitted to obtain damages for, and the Entrant expressly waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than actual, out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, and in no event shall attorney’s fees be recoverable by either party; and (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the TikTok Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE RELATED TO SPONSOR OR THE TIKTOK CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE TIKTOK CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties (as defined herein) are not responsible for any (i) incorrect or inaccurate TikTok Post(s), errors in calculations of TikTok Points, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of TikTok Posts; (ii) any entries which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, illegible, unintelligible entries, misdirected, stolen, mutilated; (iii) any problems, bugs or malfunctions; any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an Entrant's ability to participate in the TikTok Contest; (iv) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile device; related to or resulting from an Entrants access or inability to access this Content, submitting an Entrant’s responses to TikTok Questions, or any combination thereof or otherwise in connection with the TikTok Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the TikTok Contest or these Official Rules in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and exclusive discretion, including without limitation, Acts of God, pandemic, epidemic, “shelter in place” and similar orders and other governmental actions. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor may decide to postpone deadlines herein, change the date or time for the TikTok Contest, or terminate the TikTok Contest early.
12. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; INDEMNITY: By participating, Winners, Entrants and participants in the TikTok Contest (and the parent or legal guardian of any participants, if a participant is under the age of 18 or deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and CFSB, and each of their respective affiliated entities, affiliates, subsidiaries, and parent entities, and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders and principals, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”), from and against any claims made by any Winners and Entrants, or anyone claiming through them, or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this TikTok Contest, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this TikTok Contest or any related activity. Winners, Entrants and participants in the TikTok Contest (and the parent or legal guardian of a participant, if a participant is under the age of 18 or is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this TikTok Contest or acceptance, use or redemption of any Prize.
14. PRIVACY / PUBLICITY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
By participating in the TikTok Contest, eligible Entrants and/or Winners hereby consent to Sponsor’s or its authorized agents’ collection, use, and disclosure of Entrant’s and/or Winner’s personal information for the purposes of administering the TikTok Contest, and Prize fulfillment. Each Entrant acknowledges that he/she has read, understood and accepted the Sponsor’s Privacy Statement, which provides more information about Sponsor’s privacy practices and is located at www.greenlight.com/privacy/. The Sponsor’s Privacy Statement is in addition to those terms in these Official Rules concerning privacy, use of personal information, and publicity.
Entrants may be offered the optional opportunity to receive coupons, newsletters, informational materials, marketing communications, or other special promotions, or other offers from Sponsor and/or third-party service providers.
By accepting a Prize, Winner agrees, on behalf of Winner and the Cardholder(s), to Sponsor's and CFSB’s use of his/her name(s), picture(s), biographical information, statements, voice and likeness in any advertising and publicity Sponsor and its respective successors, assigns and licensees may conduct relating to the TikTok Contest in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the Internet, at any time or times in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice, and hereby releases Released Parties from any liability with respect thereto. Winner may be required to sign a further release regarding the grant of these publicity rights, unless prohibited or restricted by law.
15. SPONSOR ADDRESS: Greenlight Financial Technology, Inc. 303 Peachtree St., NE, Ste 4300, Atlanta, GA 30308.
© 2022 by Greenlight Financial Technology, Inc.