Greenlight ® “TikTok Trivia” Contest and Sweepstakes Official Rules
Greenlight® “TikTok Trivia” Contest and Sweepstakes
October 26, 2022 – November 5, 2022
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
SPONSOR: Greenlight Financial Technology, Inc., a Delaware corporation (“Greenlight” or Sponsor”) will serve as the sponsor of ten (10) consecutive daily trivia contests covering financial literacy and related topics. Greenlight will also serve as a sponsor of ten (10) corresponding consecutive daily trivia sweepstakes. THIS CONTEST AND SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TIKTOK AND/OR TWITTER.
CONTEST PERIOD: Greenlight will post a TikTok video with a trivia question (each a “Daily Trivia Question”) at 8:02pm E.T. on October 26, 2022 and at 8:02pm E.T. each day thereafter with the last Trivia Question being posted at 8:02pm E.T. on November 4, 2022 (each a “Daily Trivia Contest”).
SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The first of ten (10) Daily Trivia Sweepstakes begins at 8:02 pm E.T. on October 26, 2022, and ends at 10:59 am E.T. on October 27, 2022, the day after the Daily Trivia Question is posted by Greenlight on TikTok (“TikTok Post”). The next nine (9) Daily Trivia Sweepstakes begin at 8:02 pm E.T. each day from October 27-November 4th, and end at 10:59 am E.T. the day after the TikTok Post (each day shall be a separate “Daily Trivia Sweepstakes”). The final Daily Trivia Sweepstakes will run from 8:02 pm E.T. on November 4, 2022 until 10:59 am E.T. on November 5, 2022.
PURPOSE: The purpose of each Daily Trivia Contest is for one (1) person to correctly answer the Daily Trivia Question via a comment to the TikTok Post in the fastest amount of time. Each Entrant (as defined below) who correctly answers the Daily Trivia Question but does not win the Daily Trivia Contest will be entered into the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes.
ELIGIBILITY:Each Daily Trivia Contest and each Daily Trivia Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and all United States territories and possessions), who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Children 13 years of age or older may participate in the Daily Trivia Contest and the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes but only Entrants can win Prizes (as defined below). Employees (and their immediate families or those living in the same household) of Sponsor and Community Federal Savings Bank (“CFSB”) and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parents and related companies, suppliers, printers and advertising, promotional and judging agencies are not eligible to enter or win. Individuals who appear on the U.S. Government Department of Treasury’s Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List are also not eligible to enter or win. An “Entrant” is a person who is 18 years of age or older who has entered the Daily Trivia Contest and/or the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes and is in compliance with the Official Rules, or a Parent or Legal Guardian of an individual under the age of 18 who has entered a Daily Trivia Contest and/or Daily Trivia Sweepstakes, that has given express, verifiable consent to the minor’s participation in the Daily Trivia Contest and/or Daily Trivia Sweepstakes, and is in compliance with the Official Rules. Greenlight will only accept correct answers to a Daily Trivia Question up to 10:59am E.T. on the day after the applicable Daily Trivia Question (“Next Day”) is provided via the Greenlight’s TikTok Post or via Twitter as set forth below (each an “Entry”). Each Entrant’s eligibility and each Entry is subject to verification. Greenlight must receive all Entries for the Daily Trivia Contest and the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes no later than 10:59am ET on the Next Day for each Daily Trivia Question. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor for any inability of a potential entrant to successfully enter a Daily Trivia Contest and/or Daily Trivia Sweepstakes for any reason. Regardless of entry method, each Entrant may enter a Daily Trivia Contest and Daily Trivia Sweepstakes up to a maximum of once per day. Any Entry that violates any of these Official Rules will not be eligible to win a Prize.
HOW TO ENTER: An Entrant may enter the Daily Trivia Contest and the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes by commenting with the correct answer to the Daily Trivia Question on Greenlight’s TikTok Post (“TikTok Comment”) no later than 11:59am ET on the Next Day. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor for any inability of a potential entrant to successfully enter the Daily Trivia Contest and/or the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes for any reason. Each Entrant’s eligibility and each TikTok Comment is subject to verification.
TWITTER DAILY TRIVIA SWEEPSTAKES ALTERNATIVE ENTRY METHOD: Alternatively, an Entrant may enter the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes (but not the Daily Trivia Contest) by signing into the Entrant’s Twitter account (Entrant may create an Twitter account for free if Entrant does not already have one) and (a) becoming a follower of @Greenlightcard on Twitter (if not already following) or (b) correctly answering the Daily Trivia Question and tagging @Greenlightcard (“Twitter Entry”). Each Twitter Entry that has been fully completed will automatically be an Entry and will enter the Entrant into the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes and will constitute one Entry for the Entrant. Each Entrant may only enter the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes up to a maximum of one (1) times regardless of the number of TikTok Posts of Twitter Entries he/she fully completed during the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes.
All entries using the Twitter Entry method must be received by 10:59 a.m. E.T. on the Next Day of the applicable Daily Trivia Sweepstakes.
8. TIKTOK AND TWITTER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS. Entrants must abide by all terms of service, privacy policies and other requirements of TikTok and/or Twitter (as applicable) in order to participate in the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes via an online service provider. Entries will be deemed made by the “authorized account holder” of the TikTok and/or Twitter account (as applicable) the entry is submitted from at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is the person who is assigned to the TikTok and/or Twitter account (as applicable) by the online service provider. All Entrants must have a non-private account in order to participate in the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with TikTok or Twitter, or any of their affiliates. If any Entry fails to comply with any of these Entry Requirements or any other provisions of these Official Rules, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Entrant.
9. DAILY TRIVIA CONTEST PRIZES: Greenlight will post the correct answer to the Daily Trivia Question at 11am E.T. the Next Day. There will be a total of one (1) $200 prize (each a “Daily Trivia Contest Prize”) awarded to the Entrant who first correctly answers the Daily Trivia Question (“Daily Contest Winner”), with ten (10) total prizes awarded during the Daily Trivia Contest (collectively, the “Contest Prizes”). Approximate retail value (“ARV”) for each Daily Trivia Contest Prize is $200.00. ARV for all Daily Trivia Contest Prizes is $2,000. The Daily Trivia Contest will be judged by the Sponsor and determined bythe speed in which an Entrant correctly answers the Daily Trivia Question. Subject to eligibility verification, payment of a Prize will be made to a Winner’s Greenlight account, if the Winner has a Greenlight account or if the Winner does not have a Greenlight account, via Paypal or Venmo as detailed below.
10. DAILY TRIVIA SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES: All Entrants posting a correct TikTok Comment but who are not a Daily Contest Winner are automatically entered into the Greenlight Daily Trivia Sweepstakes, along with any Twitter Entries for such day. There will be a total of five (5) $50 prizes (each a “Daily Trivia Sweepstakes Prize”) awarded to the Entrant for the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes (“Daily Sweepstakes Winners”), with a total of fifty (50) Daily Trivia Sweepstake Prizes awarded during the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Prizes”). Approximate retail value (“ARV”) for each Daily Trivia Sweepstake Prize is $50.00. ARV for all Daily Trivia Sweepstakes Prizes is $250 per sweepstakes period. The odds of winning the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes will depend on the number of Entrants correctly answering the Daily Trivia Question. Each Daily Content Winner and each Daily Sweepstakes Winner shall be referred to as a “Winner” or collectively, the “Winners”).
PAYMENT OF PRIZES: Subject to eligibility verification, payment of a Contest Prize or a Sweepstakes Prize (each, a “Prize” and collectively the “Prizes”) will be made to a Winner’s Greenlight account, if the Winner has a Greenlight account or if the Winner does not have a Greenlight account, via Paypal or Venmo as detailed below. A Winner may only win once during the entirety of the Contest and Sweepstakes periods no matter how many times an Entrant participates in a Daily Trivia Contest or Daily Trivia Sweepstakes under these Official Rules. For avoidance of doubt, a Winner of any Daily Trivia Contest will not be eligible to win any Daily Trivia Sweepstakes or any other Daily Trivia Contests and any Daily Trivia Sweepstakes Winner will not be eligible to win any Daily Trivia Contests or any other Daily Trivia Sweepstakes.
To open a Greenlight account and receive a Greenlight card, please visit https://www.greenlight.com/ and complete the enrollment process. As used herein, the “Primary Accountholder” is the individual, at least 18 years of age, who opens and is responsible for the primary Greenlight account (the “Primary Account”). The Primary Accountholder has the ability to request the issuance of up to five Greenlight Prepaid Mastercard cards (“Greenlight Cards”) for the Primary Accountholder’s children or dependents, each of which will be considered a sub-account of the Primary Account, and each child or dependent will be considered an authorized user of the Primary Account (each, a “Cardholder”). This structure of the Greenlight program allows the Primary Accountholder to identify, monitor and approve Greenlight Card transactions by each individual Cardholder. Any Prizes awarded to a Primary Accountholder will be deposited into the Winner’s Primary Account.
If a Winner does not have a Greenlight account, then Greenlight will pay a Winner through a PayPal or Venmo account (a third-party service, use of which is subject to the terms, conditions, and privacy policies of PayPal and/or Venmo). If a Winner does not already have a PayPal or a Venmo account, the Winner can go to https://www.paypal.com or https://venmo.com (as applicable) to create a free PayPal or Venmo account. Winners’ first and last name needs to be an exact match to their PayPal or Venmo account information and their PayPal or Venmo account needs to be verified. Prizes may be distributed in an alternative manner at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a Winner does not have a Greenlight, Paypal or Venmo account, the Winner must create a Greenlight, PayPal or Venmo account to collect a Prize. A Winner's failure to notify Greenlight of Winner’s Greenlight, Paypal or Venmo account within three (3) days after being notified by Sponsor that Entrant is a Winner, will be considered that Winner's forfeiture of the Prize and Sponsor may, at its option and sole discretion, choose not to award the Prize at all. If an Entrant is found to be ineligible, Sponsor may, at its option and sole discretion, choose not to award the Prize at all.
11. NOTIFICATION OF WINNER(S): Winners will be notified by phone, email and/or social media, at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor’s decision will be final in all matters. No substitution for any Prize will be permitted. If necessary due to unavailability of the Prize, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded solely at the discretion of Sponsor. Each Prize is not transferable or assignable. Each potential Winner shall have three (3) days after the applicable Prize notification to appropriately respond to the Sponsor. Entrants and Winners will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release, an IRS Form W-9 (i.e., Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification), if necessary, and any other required tax documents within three (3) days of delivery of such documents to a Winner by Sponsor. Failure to return all required documents in this time period may result in the Winner being disqualified and an alternate Winner selected. If a Prize notification is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable or if an Entrant is found to be ineligible or a Winner declines to accept a Prize for any reason, such Prize will not be awarded by Sponsor. By entering a Daily Trivia Contest, a Daily Trivia Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize, the Winner and Entrants hereby consent (except where prohibited by law) to the disclosure and reasonable use by Sponsor and CFSB of the Winner’s and Entrants’ photograph, voice, likeness and/or image and the name and age of the Winner and Entrants without any further compensation for any future promotional activity related to this Trivia Contest.
12. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The following are conditions to winning a Prize and additional terms and conditions binding on Entrants:
a. All federal, state, local tax liabilities and any applicable fees associated with accepting a Prize or participation in the Daily Trivia Contest and/or the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, withhold from the amount of any Prize any and all federal, state, and local tax liabilities and any applicable fees associated with accepting a Prize or participation in the Daily Trivia Contest and/or Daily Trivia Sweepstakes.
b. No transfer, substitution, division or splitting of Prizes is allowed except in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
c. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission by an Entrant to the Sponsor, CFSB and their authorized agents to use Entrant’s names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, in perpetuity and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, unless prohibited by law.
d. Decisions of Sponsor are final with respect to all matters related to the conduct of the Daily Trivia Contest and the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes. An Entrant may be disqualified from participating in the Daily Trivia Contest, Daily Trivia Sweepstakes and/or winning a Prize for cheating or other bad faith acts in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
e. By participating in the Daily Trivia Contest and/or Daily Trivia Sweepstakes, all Entrants (including Winners) agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
f. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to disqualify any Entries that it believes in good faith are generated by an automated means or scripts or that violate any of the Official Terms. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
g. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify an Entrant from the Daily Trivia Contest, Daily Trivia Sweepstakes, refuse to award Prizes and require the return of any Prizes, or suspend, limit, or terminate an account if an Entrant has engaged in conduct Sponsor deems, in its sole discretion, to be improper, unfair, fraudulent or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Daily Trivia Contest, Daily Trivia Sweepstakes or in any way detrimental to other users. Improper conduct includes, but is not limited to: Falsifying personal information, including payment information, required to claim a Prize; violating eligible payment method terms, including the terms of PayPal or Venmo, using unauthorized methods such as unauthorized scripts or other automated means; tampering with the administration of the Daily Trivia Contest, Daily Trivia Sweepstakes or trying to in any way tamper with the computer programs associated with the Daily Trivia Contests and/or the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes; obtaining other Entrants’ information and spamming other Entrants; and any other form of abuse; or otherwise violating the Official Rules. Entrants acknowledge that the forfeiture and/or return of any Prize shall in no way prevent Sponsor from informing the relevant authorities, and/or pursuing criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct.
h. THE DAILY TRIVIA CONTESTS AND DAILY TRIVIA SWEEPSTAKES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE DAILY TRIVIA CONTESTS AND DAILY TRIVIA SWEEPSTAKES.
i. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from awarding Prizes or continuing with a Daily Trivia Contest or Daily Trivia Sweepstakes as contemplated herein due to any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, technical failure, fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God, riot or civil disturbance, pandemic, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, or any other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control, then the Sponsor shall have the sole right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Daily Trivia Contest and/or the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes.
13. CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION: By entering a Daily Trivia Contest or a Daily Trivia Sweepstakes, Entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant acting in violation of these Official Rules or found tampering with the Entry process or with the operation of the Daily Trivia Contest and/or Daily Trivia Sweepstakes. As a condition of entering a Daily Trivia Contest and/or Daily Trivia Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that: (a) under no circumstances will the Entrant be entitled or permitted to obtain damages for, and the Entrant expressly waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than actual, out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, and in no event shall attorney’s fees be recoverable by either party; and (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Daily Trivia Contest, Daily Trivia Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE RELATED TO SPONSOR OR THE DAILY TRIVIA CONTEST, DAILY TRIVIA SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE DAILY TRIVIA CONTEST AND/OR DAILY TRIVIA SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties (as defined herein) are not responsible for any (i) incorrect or inaccurate Entry or Entries, errors in calculations (including points awarded for answers to Trivia Questions), theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries; (ii) printing or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, illegible, unintelligible entries, misdirected, stolen, mutilated; (iii) any problems, bugs or malfunctions; any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an Entrant's ability to participate in the Daily Trivia Contest and/or Daily Trivia Sweepstakes; (iv) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile device; related to or resulting from an Entrants access or inability to access the Daily Trivia Contest and/or the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes, submitting an Entrant’s responses to the Daily Trivia Questions, or any combination thereof or otherwise in connection with the Daily Trivia Contest and/or the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Daily Trivia Contest, the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes or these Official Rules in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and exclusive discretion, including without limitation, Acts of God, pandemic, epidemic, “shelter in place” and similar orders and other governmental actions. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor may decide to postpone deadlines herein, change the date or time for the Daily Trivia Contest or Daily Trivia Sweepstakes, or terminate the Daily Trivia Contest or Daily Trivia Sweepstakes early.
15. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; INDEMNITY: By participating, Winners, Entrants and participants in the Daily Trivia Contest and/or the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes (and the parent or legal guardian of any participants, if a participant is under the age of 18 or deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and CFSB, and each of their respective affiliated entities, affiliates, subsidiaries, and parent entities, and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders and principals, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”), from and against any claims made by any Winners and Entrants, or anyone claiming through them, or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of the Daily Trivia Contest and/or the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Daily Trivia Contest, Daily Trivia Sweepstakes or any related activity. Winners, Entrants and participants in the Daily Trivia Contest and/or the Daily Trivia Sweepstakes (and the parent or legal guardian of a participant, if a participant is under the age of 18 or is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Daily Trivia Contest, Daily Trivia Sweepstakes or acceptance, use or redemption of any Prize.
17. PRIVACY / PUBLICITY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Entrants may be offered the optional opportunity to receive coupons, newsletters, informational materials, marketing communications, or other special promotions, or other offers from Sponsor and/or third-party service providers.
By accepting a Prize, Winner agrees, on behalf of Winner and the Cardholder(s), to Sponsor's and CFSB’s use of his/her name(s), picture(s), biographical information, statements, voice and likeness in any advertising and publicity Sponsor and its respective successors, assigns and licensees may conduct relating to the Trivia Contest in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the Internet, at any time or times in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice, and hereby releases Released Parties from any liability with respect thereto. Winner may be required to sign a further release regarding the grant of these publicity rights, unless prohibited or restricted by law.